Monday, November 8, 2010

Game Development

The pressure has really been on in my classes and I haven't had a chance to pick up a controller. Gaming as of right now has been a development phase. I am designing a 2D game for my game development class called Rocket Climber. The game scrolls vertically as you rocket from platform to platform with limited fuel and enemies. It has been very challenging because I am the sole artist and I work with a programmer, and we have had a little over 2 months to make this, and the clock is ticking. I am now moving on to work on character animations, we may acquire a new guy to work on the HUD, and I have asked my best friend to help with some animations as well.

For now, I just got over my biggest challenge and that was making a repeatable panoramic background. The way I accomplished this was all broken into seperate tile pictures and then carefully making sure they line up and that some are able to be repeated. This is the panoramic of the background I have been working on:




Here is some character art:

2 comments:

  1. Looking great. I also know what it is like to feel the immense pressure of finishing up a game project, and it is pretty scary. Out of curiosity, is this a game developed for Xbox (I know that some of the CS classes get to program for the Xbox)? Best of luck on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks pretty sweet man, keep up the good work. Are you able to post it online when it gets finished? It would be interesting to play.

    ReplyDelete