Monday, October 25, 2010

Halo Reach

Bungie Bangs
This is Bungie"s last game and as expected they went out with a bang. This is by far the best Halo and the most content rich than any other halo. The campaign has brilliant storytelling, Beautiful visuals (Night time on reach is stunning)and the hardest halo campaign yet and dont expect to have it easy with friends because each player you gain the higher the difficulty scales.

Firefight is Fun!
Firefight makes a return from ODST and now has matchmaking. Firefight is highly addictive, i have found myself playing more firefight than the campaign. The firefight maps are great, my personal favorites being beachfront and corvette. Firefight offers loads of customization this time around. If you want to be invincible and go on a grunt massacre you can or maybe you want to test your skills and go against hunters and elites with just a magnum and a sniper, the possibilities are massive.

 Armor Upgrades Add to Addiction
The multiplayer is better than ever with loads of armor customization that you earn with credits which can be earned in campaign and multiplayer(Your custom also appears as noble six in campaign. New game modes like invasion bring freshness to the multiplayer and the armor abilities are a great additions(JETPACKS!!!). I'm kinda bummed that there are not that many new original maps and most are remakes of old maps. Of course thats not bad thing a glad the brought back these maps(Ivory Tower).

Forge for the Innovative
The last and greatest addition is forge world, the ultimate map creation tool on any console. Forge world is a massive area for you to create whatever kind of map or gametype you want to make. Im looking foward to what master forgers are going to bring to the community. Kudos to bungie and there final outing to an amazing series. Bungie proves that they are one of the gretest game devolpers ever and they love their fans and community and we love them to.

Art/Animation: 10/10
Story: 10/10
Gameplay: 10/10
Overall: 10/10

Pros: Typical fun online play, fun story, lots of new things that are a hit!
Cons: Some of the same old maps, miss some of the old things changed around.

4 comments:

  1. I recently just had a LAN party with this game and I must say it is a very addicting game. I don't have an Xbox or I haven't played through the game in depth but you gave a very good outlook on all the changes. This game alone made me want to buy an Xbox for this purpose. But I am very poor so I will just play it at my friends. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Halo has been a game that me and my friends have always looked forward to playing. During High School we would always stay up on the weekends and play the multiplayer feature for hours on end. Now I have the opportunity to play the game with my sister. She has enjoyed the game as well. The sad part is she is getting way too good at the game. The Halo series will be one of those games that will last for generations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review, I have had many Halo lan parties and they are always a blast. Halo is really fun but I would have to say my all time favorite FPS would be counterstrike. I just cant get used to the controls for any shooter that isnt mouse and keyboard. Not that its bad, I still like to play Halo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was skeptical at first, but after playing it my buddies house I'm hooked!

    ReplyDelete